Reviving your soles at McLelland Shoes
The McLelland family shoe legacy began with Lib McLelland. "Mamaw Lizzie" sold shoes in downtown Statesville for 60 years. She worked with Long’s Family Shoes from day one (Feb 15, 1958). When the store became available in August of 1983, Jim, Shirley and Rusty began McLelland Family Shoes.
Lib McLelland (Mamaw) worked with Long’s Family Shoes from day one (Feb 1958). So when the store became available in August of 1983, Dad and I went in together and bought the store.
The McLelland family are Statesville natives. Jim McLelland enjoyed a sales career with Dr. Scholl and Miller Shoe Companies, then worked for ThorLo before coming to the store in 1998.
Rusty graduated from S.H.S. in 1979, then earned biology BS from Davidson College in 1983. He began studying Pedorthics, initially at Ball State University and earned Board Certification in Pedorthics in 1986.
Leslie McLelland Nantz and Alisa Mantysaari attended the Robert M. Palmer School of Biomechanics and earned the Board Certification in Pedorthics in 2009.
- We are certified with the American Board of Certification in Orthotics, Prosthetics. and Pedorthics, inc. (ABC)
- Certified to provide Medicare, Medicaid, and qualified insurance companies
- Voted BEST Shoe Store by the Statesville Record & Landmark
- Mandatory Continuing Education (MCE) (this is the name of a specific organization that ensures we undergo relevant industry training).
- Constant training with both shoe manufacturers and insurance companies, allowing us to be fully up to date in terms of industry knowledge and compliance standards